Friday, March 23

Little Van Goghs

Today Room 5 played with clay. It was lots of fun and very very mucky.




We squished and squashed clay.
We stretched and shaped clay.
We banged and slapped clay.
We got clay everywhere.
Oh what fun.
From the mouths of Room 5
"It's so slimy"
"It is all between my fingers and up your nose"
"We eat off this stuff...yuck"
"I have too much water it's going everywhere"
"We are playing with the earth"


We learnt about a very famous artist Vincent Van Gogh.
 We looked at Starry starry night and
The Sunflowers. 
We used clay tools to draw Van Gogh pictures into the clay. Keep checking out our blog because we will paint our clay when it is dry.

 Camden's Starry starry night
Amy-Rose's Sunflowers 

6 comments:

  1. room 5 is the best. I loved the photos. I enjoyed playing with the clay. from shontae.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you had fun. You can make your Van Gogh picture on Monday. Will you do sunflowers or starry starry night?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked playing with the clay. I made a snake and a sunflower. From Oscar

    ReplyDelete
  4. MY BEST TEACHER IS MRS H. DO YOU NO WHY, SHE IS THE BEST TEACHER IN THE WORLD? SHE HAS FUN ON THE FLYING FOX. SHE DOES EVERYTHING WE DO AND I LIKE THAT. WRITTEN BY KEIGHAN

    ReplyDelete
  5. Room 8 Frimley School think your blog is awesome because the ipad looks great for learning Maths.
    Vincent Van Gogh was a great artist like Pablo Picasso,thumbs up to your clay artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the art work Mrs Hill. Lucas has seen Van Gogh paintings on my computer while listening to Don McLean and loved it. Trying to find those awesome paintings of Te Mata peak again on the blog.Loved them. Libby (Granny)

    ReplyDelete