Wednesday, August 22

Visualising

The Barbaloots have been learning to visualise when reading. This helps to understand the books we are reading. We make pictures in our head and  think about what we can hear in the story.

We read 'Did you shake your tail feathers?'   

Here is some of our visualising. We looked carefully at the story to find clues in the text.



"This tail feather is so lovely, I must find the owner and return it,"said Weka.
"If I had such beautiful tail feathers, I'd be very upset to lose one of them."
Weka ran into the forest , carrying the tail feather gently in her beak.

Camden's visualising




Weka came to a stream and met Pukeko, the swamp hen. "Kia ora, Pukeko," said Weka. "Did you shake your tail feathers?"
"That's not mine," replied Pukeko. "My tail feathers are black and glossy. Let me have it to clean the mud off my red bill."

Caleb's visualising



Weka found a burrow and called, "Kiwi wake up!   Did you shake your tail feathers?"
"What tail feathers? Anyway, my feathers are brown, "snapped Kiwi. "But let me have that fetaher to mark my next burrow."
"No," said Weka. "It's far too beautiful for that."


Kevin's visualising

No comments:

Post a Comment