Thursday, August 2

Emails to Olympians

We have been learning how to write letters and emails. We wrote good luck letters to Valarie Adams and Mahe Drysdale.
We hope it gives them good luck at the Olympics.

To Valarie Adams
I wish I had muscles like you. I would like to go to the Olympics. You held the flag because you are the champion. I wish I was a champion too.
From Oscar

Dear Mahe Drysdale
You are incredible how you ahd a tummy bug and you still raced for New Zealand. Room 5 has been doing pretend rowing races. I got a bronze medal and I was always in lane 6. You are the best in the world. Congratulations.
From Georgia Kate Roil

Dear Valarie Adams
You are very strong because you have been practising doing shot put and make it go far. The children tried to pick it up in one hand and we could! I hope you get another medal.
From Daniel.

We had turns at putting the shot put with T-balls. We then had a turn at lifting a real shot put. It was real heavy! Some of us needed 2 hands to lift. We were amazed that Valarie Adams can throw it 20 meters ( that is longer than our school hall).

1 comment:

  1. I think that you will get a reply from milly

    ReplyDelete